Saturday, October 10, 2009

Countdown to Halloween

A couple weeks ago I wanted to make the boys a countdown to Halloween calender. I got the idea from my sister-in-law Cassandra last year when she emailed me an advent calender from Pottery Barn Kids for Christmas. I looked on the Pottery Barn website to get an idea for the Halloween one and it was over $50! I thought to myself "I could make one of these for much less". I went to the fabric store and bought all the felt I needed to make the calender. I started to cut out the squares and brainstormed how I would make the calender. I was so excited.
A day later I took a trip to "The Christmas Tree Shops" and found an almost identical calender like the one at Pottery Barn for $5.00!!! So I bought it. I figure I would save a lot of time and aggravation. Now I have lots of time to start my Christmas calender!

The $5.oo Christmas Tree Shop Calender

The $50+ Calender

All the felt that I bought.

4 comments:

  1. When I first starting reading your post, I thought you were going to say that you MADE that calendar! And I was going to start making predictions on how many HOURS and DAYS it took! Good going bargin shopper!!!....c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I am so glad you saved your time and got to go to that fun, fun shop. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good decision. I would have bought the $5 one also. I get to go to the Christmas Tree Store, when we go to PA this weekend. I am so excited. I love that place.

    ReplyDelete