Thursday, March 24, 2011

Almond Butter

A couple weeks ago I was making a chicken dish and the recipe called for almond butter. I didn't want to go to the store and spend a fortune on almond butter, so I decided to make some since I had almonds in the pantry.
It was really easy, just takes a little patience.

Toast your almonds until lightly fragrant.

Put toasted almonds in food processor, blend until smooth

It takes a good 5 minutes. You'll think it will never
be smooth, but it does happen, I promise.
I uses slivered almonds because that's what I had, but you can
use whole almonds, it will probably take around 10 minutes.
Add a little sea salt to taste, then your done!

YUM!

I am excited about making all kinds of nut butters.....
the possibilities are endless. I'm thinking of a walnut/hazelnut with cinnamon and cardamom.
Pecan with cinnamon and brown sugar, pistachio and sea salt, pumpkin maple and chocolate!
I could go on and on. Anyone have any great combinations that they would want to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment