Thursday, October 20, 2011

Almond Coconut Curry Chicken

Last night for dinner I made a chicken dish inspired by this recipe from Whole Living. I didn't have some of the ingredients so I used what I had and it came out awesome. I'm thinking that my recipe might have even been better than the inspiration recipe.
Instead of the Almond milk I used a can of lite coconut milk. I added a 1/4 cup of almonds to a food processor and 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut along with the coconut milk and blitzed away. I used boneless skinless chicken breast instead of thighs cut into chunks and sauted the chicken along with the onions added the milk mixture and the rest of the ingredients that is in the inspiration recipe. I didn't have slivered almonds but I had whole ones that I broke up and sprinkled on top. I served it over rice. It looks like a big pile of poop but it was yummy!

1 comment:

  1. It looks really good :) I haven't made coconut curry before. Yum!

    ReplyDelete